A Brief History of the Conveyor Roller
Conveyor system applications are extremely invaluable to modern businesses. The concept of gravity roller conveyors has been available since the inception of recorded history. It is believed the roller method was applied in the making of the historic Egyptian pyramids and Stonehenge, amongst a great many other things.
While roller conveyors have been in existence probably ever since the caveman, it was not until the Twentieth century that this technology was taken into practicality. It was about this time that the idea that a group of individuals could successfully move a commodity from one place to another, without basically moving themselves. Higher quality, value for money conveyor roller are difficult to obtain. Fastrax Conveyor Rollers are among the main retailers of driven roller in the United Kingdom.
Early use of conveyor solutions
There isn't any doubt that conveyor roller techniques have already been a fundamental element of material handling for over 100 years, though their origin traces back beyond this time. Movements of bulk materials employing conveyor belts goes back to around 1795 when the majority of the system was utilized by farm owners to load whole grains onto ships. It was a great comfort to farmers after toiling hard in the fields. They had been also utilized in underground mines when the industry started utilizing them to move coal.
A number of points in history
- The early conveyor systems have been designed with a wooden framework and the belts were sometimes from rubber or fabric.
- The greatest milestone came in 1908 when Hymle Goddard, from Logan Company patented the first roller conveyor in 1908. Despite this conveyor business did not completely flourish until Five years in the future.
- In 1913 Henry Ford created history by introducing the assembly line for the traditional industry by using the roller conveyor to revolutionise material movement. This innovation lessened manual labour needs and speeded up production.
- In the 1920s, conveyor roller solutions were invented to transport products over longer distances from the original short distances. The first subterranean advanced installation with layers of rubber and natural cotton covers was designed to move coal across a distance of 8kms.
- Over the time period of the World War 2, artificial belting materials were utilised as a result of shortage of natural materials. This marked the fast technological expansion in improved conveyor systems. Up to today an endless list of synthetic fabrics and polymers are used in making conveyor roller belting systems.
- Within the 1970's, 80s and 90s, conveyor hardware manufacturers developed and improved powered conveyor rollers to eliminate pricey maintenance.
From then, advancements in technologies and development have kept conveyor roller systems on the cutting edge; with the aid of computers to control complex and computerized applications, versatility and optimal performance.
Changes in technology are guaranteed to keep the industry in motion as users look for faster throughput, diverted sorting and use of wireless systems.
The application of conveyor roller equipment in society today
While the belt conveyor has some disadvantages, numerous industries nowadays are filled with roller conveyors because it enables automatic accumulation of products. In the present computer planet, roller conveyors continue to play a significant part. Roller conveyor solutions are employed in the vehicle, computer, farming, food processing, pharmaceutical, aerospace, chemical, canning and bottling industries, to name just a couple.
While many individuals might be unaware of it, contemporary systems have a large number of rollers operating relentlessly under the surface. From foods, postal mail, courier service, airport luggage, clothing and industrial packages, conveyor rollers are being used in movement to intended locations.
There are numerous other types of item movement systems, but it is only roller conveyor systems which can function as centers for deposition and routes for movement simultaneously. There are very few creations with similar effect on society such as the conveyor roller equipment.